Naturalization • Becoming an American Citizen

Hartford Immigration Lawyer - Become a US American Citizen

As an immigration lawyer, I encourage legal residents (green card holders) to seriously consider becoming American citizens if they plan on living in the U.S. indefinitely or for a significant period of time.  The process of becoming a U.S. citizen is called naturalization.  One of the best parts of being a Hartford immigration lawyeris helping legal residents (green card holders) complete the steps necessary to become an American citizen.

To become a U.S. citizen, you will have to file an application (N-400) with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), undergo a background check, pass an English test and a U.S. history and civics test (exceptions may apply for older and disabled applicants), and be interviewed by a U.S. immigration officer.

When you apply to become an American citizen, the immigration services will examine your entire immigration history, including how you became a legal resident (got your green card).

The Serrano Law Firm will help you properly prepare your N-400 application, assemble the documents you need to support your application, prepare you for your tests and interview, and help you to overcome issues that might prevent you from becoming a U.S. citizen.

Once your application to be a U.S. citizen is approved, you will be given an appointment for a ceremony before a federal judge at which you will take the oath of allegiance to the United States. Ceremonies take place in Hartford, New Haven and Bridgeport. At the ceremony, you will be given a Certificate of Naturalization as proof of your American citizenship.

Hartford Immigration Lawyer - Be a U.S. Citizen

Requirements for Naturalization (Becoming a U.S. Citizen)

To apply to become a U.S. citizen, you must meet the following requirements:

Mexico - US Immigration LawyerPeru - US Immigration LawyerDominican Republic - US Immigration LawyerEcuardor - US Immigration LawyerGuatemala - US Immigration LawyerBrazil - US Immigration Lawyer

Abogado de Inmigración

Abogado y personal hablan Español.
Advogado e pessoal falam Português.
Attorney and staff speak Spanish & Portuguese.
860 236-9350 860 236-9350 • 800 856-6400

Ayudamos a los inmigrantes que son residentes legales (tienen la tarjeta verde) aplicar para ser ciudadanos estadounidenses.

Para llegar a ser un ciudadano, usted debe haber vivido en los EE.UU. durante un cierto número de años (5 por lo general pero 3 si usted obtiene su tarjeta verde por casarse con un ciudadano estadounidense).

Hay otros requisitos, incluyendo pasar una prueba de Inglés, pasar un examen sobre la historia de Estados Unidos y el gobierno, y ser de buen carácter moral. Llámenos para ayudarle ser ciudadano estadounidense.

Green Cards - Become a Citizen

Contact Us • Contáctenos

Notice • Aviso
Sending us this information does not make you our client.
You have to sign a contract to hire us to represent you.
El envío de esta información no te convierte en nuestro cliente. Usted tiene que firmar un contrato para ser nuestro cliente.
Enviando-nos esta informação não faz você nosso cliente.
Você tem que assinar um contrato para ser nosso cliente.
A value is required. A value is required. Please enter a valid phone number. A value is required. Please enter a valid email address. A value is required. Exceeded maximum number of characters.

Connecticut Immigration Lawyer - Become a US American Citizen

Why Become a US Citizen

Connecticut Immigration Attorney - US Citizenship You Might Already Be a Citizen

Even if you were born outside the U.S., you might have become a U.S. citizen if the following is true:

Hartford Immigration Attorney - Apply for U.S. Citizenship

USCIS Reviews Your Immigration History When You Apply to be a U.S. Citizen

When you apply to become an American citizen, the US immigration service will closely review your entire immigration history, including how you became a legal resident (obtained your green card).  This is particularly true if you became a legal resident through marriage.  If you divorced after getting your green card, USCIS will take another look at whether your marriage was legitimate and will want to know what caused the divorce.  If after becoming a legal resident you remained married but lived separately from your spouse or you had a child with someone other than your spouse, the U.S. immigration service will question your about these circumstances.  Having an experienced immigration lawyer help you with your naturalization application can help you anticipate issues that may come up and prepare you to respond to those issues.

Attorney John Serrano - Hartford Immigration Lawyer

John Serrano

Our West Hartford Immigration Law Office serves clients throughout Connecticut including
Hartford, Bridgeport, New Haven, Waterbury, Danbury, New Britain, Meriden, Bristol, Manchester, Middletown, Norwich

Serrano Law Firm, LLC
690 Flatbush Ave., West Hartford, CT 06110-1308
860 236-9350 860 236-9350 • 800 856-6400

Copyright © 2015 John Serrano