Fiancée • Fiance Visa and Green Card

Hartford Immigration Lawyer - Fiancee Visa Green Card

Among the immigration services which we provide at the Serrano Law Firm, LLC is helping American citizens engaged to persons living overseas bring their fiancée or fiance to the U.S. on a K-1 visa so that they can get married and start their life together.  As a Hartford immigration lawyer, one of the best parts of the practice is helping couples successfully complete the steps involved in obtaining legal residency through a fiancée petition.

A successful fiancée • fiance visa application involves three steps: the U.S. citizen files Form I-129F to petition to start the request for the the K-1 visa, upon approval the USCIS transfers the case to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further processing, the NVC sends the case to the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate where the alien fiancée or fiance undergoes a visa interview.  The couple must marry within 90 days of the fiancée's or fiance's arrival in the U.S. on the K-1 visa.

Do not try to avoid this 3-step procedure by having your alien fiancée or fiance enter the U.S. on a tourist, student or other type of visa and then get married.  The U.S. immigration service will most likely consider that your fiancée or fiance committed immigration fraud by not disclosing that his or her true reason for coming to the U.S. was to get married.  A finding of immigration fraud will make your fiancée or fiance deportable, may very well prevent him or her from ever being able to return to the U.S. if he or she leaves the country, and will most likely prevent you from filing a successful marriage petition for him or her.

If your immigrating fiancée or fiance has children who are not married and younger than 21, his or her children may be able to come with him or her to the U.S. on K-2 visas and obtain permanent residency (green cards) after your marriage. Children include adopted children and children born out of wedlock (paternity must be established in the alien's home country).

Requirements for a K-1 Fiancée • Fiance Visa

Connecticut Immigration Attorney - Green Card for Fiancee

Following are the requirements under U.S. immigration law for a K-1 fiancée • fiance visa petition to bring your alien sweetheart to the U.S. to get married and provide him or her with a green card (permanent legal residency):

Mexico - US Immigration LawyerPeru - US Immigration LawyerDominican Republic - US Immigration LawyerEcuardor - US Immigration LawyerGuatemala - US Immigration LawyerBrazil - US Immigration Lawyer

Abogado de Inmigración

Abogado y personal hablan Español.
Advogado e pessoal falam Português.
Attorney and staff speak Spanish & Portuguese.
860 236-9350 860 236-9350 • 800 856-6400

La ley de inmigración de los EE.UU. permite a un ciudadano estadounidense aplicar para que su prometido entrar en el país con una visa K-1 y obtener la residencia permanente (tarjeta verde).  Nuestra firma puede ayudarle a traer su novio o novia a los EE.UU. con una visa K-1.  La aplicación tiene 3 pasos:

Usted y su novio o novia debe casar dentro de los 90 días de su novio o novia entrar en los EE.UU.  Los hijos de su novio o novia que son menores de 21 años y no casados tambíen pueden obtener tarjetas verdes.

Green Cards - Become a Citizen

Contact Us • Contáctenos

Notice • Aviso
Sending us this information does not make you our client.
You have to sign a contract to hire us to represent you.
El envío de esta información no te convierte en nuestro cliente. Usted tiene que firmar un contrato para ser nuestro cliente.
Enviando-nos esta informação não faz você nosso cliente.
Você tem que assinar um contrato para ser nosso cliente.
A value is required. A value is required. Please enter a valid phone number. A value is required. Please enter a valid email address. A value is required. Exceeded maximum number of characters.

Hartford Immigration Lawyer - Gay, Lesbian, Same-Sex Couples

Same - Sex K-1 Visas

The U.S. Supreme Court case of Obergefell v. Hodges, decided in June 2015, makes it easier for gay and lesbian same-sex couples to use the K-1 fiancée • fiance visa process to obtain legal permanent residency (green card) status for the overseas partner as it is no longer necesary to prove to USCIS that you will marry in a state that expressly allows same-sex marriage.

Attorney John Serrano - Hartford Immigration Lawyer

John Serrano

Our West Hartford Immigration Law Office serves clients throughout Connecticut including
Hartford, Bridgeport, New Haven, Waterbury, Danbury, New Britain, Meriden, Bristol, Manchester, Middletown, Norwich

Serrano Law Firm, LLC
690 Flatbush Ave., West Hartford, CT 06110-1308
860 236-9350 860 236-9350 • 800 856-6400

Copyright © 2015 John Serrano